Check it out!
Elysian has added new classes, so check them out!
Remember being involved in you community is always good!
Wednesday, October 24, 2012
There is always a time for fun!
This year POD will be spearheading the Annual Harvest Festival! After all the Halloween festivities are over, please join your children in what promises to be a great time.
Dorris Place Elementary invites the entire community for games, prizes, and a whole lot more. Including some really great food booths, so don't delay! Make sure you get in on the ticket presale, where you receive and extra dollar worth of tickets for every 5 you spend.
It's going to be a fun time for everyone!
Posted by The Original Pineapple Princess at 11:59 AM
Wednesday, October 3, 2012
POD Meeting Agenda
Wednesday, 12 September 2012
- Grant Update
- Candy Sales Drive
- Fall Festival
Calendar and Community Events
- September 12 (Wednesday) POD Meeting
- September 17 (Monday) Unassigned Day - no school
- September 19 (Wednesday) Frogtown Art Walk Student Submission Deadline
- September 19 (Wednesday) Picture Day
- September 20 (Thursday)
- School Site Council Meeting 2:45pm
- Shortened Day Schedule 8:06am - 1:55pm
- Back-to-School Night 5:30pm - 6:45pm
- POD table (volunteers)
- POD “Open House” of Room 1 (volunteers to organize/decorate our POD)
- September 21 (Friday) Candy Sale Fundraiser Kick-Off
- September 22 (Saturday) Frogtown Art Walk
- September 26 (Wednesday) Unassigned Day - no school
- September 26 (Wednesday) Knott’s Berry Farm Field Trip
- Fall Fundraiser Smaller Committee Action Team Meetings
- October 5 (Friday) Advisory Council Meeting 8:30am
- October 6 (Saturday) EVRNC Elections and Neighborhood BBQ FREE
- October 10 (Wednesday) Safe School Planning Meeting 2:45pm
- October 10 (Wednesday) POD Meeting 6pm
- October 26 (Friday) Halloween Parade 1:45pm
- October 26 (Friday) Fall Festival 2:30 - 8:00pm
Lakers Foundation Grant Submission - due Friday
- draft written, getting feedback from Mrs. Schmidt and Ms. Fenton
World’s Finest Candy Drive
- this year will be run by the school (POD and everyone encouraged to sell by the box not by the
- Kick-Off for Candy Sale Fundraiser is Friday, September 21 - Monday, Oct. 15
- create committees and come up with a list of what we want to do for fall fest, ie structure,
booths, and get everyone out there finding us sponsors.
- resources (parents, family, friends) community connections for booths, jumpers, balloons,
- last yr we scheduled meetings every week the month of October and end of Sept for the
Fall Fest....same format or other alternatives?
- perhaps have smaller committees that meet weekly (morning, after school, etc. to do the
work then larger group meeting for updates or big work meetings and prep)
- Ideas regarding where funds from Fall Fest should go (music program perhaps?)
Fall Festival Action Team Committee
Posted by The Original Pineapple Princess at 10:06 AM